If a website has ever blocked you, you know how frustrating it can be. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid that in the future: by using proxies. Proxies are excellent tools for protecting your online privacy. They allow anonymous surfing and accessing of all sorts of data without worrying about IP bans.
To improve your privacy, security, and online anonymity, stick with us to learn more about static residential proxies. We’ll cover what they are, how they work, their advantages over other proxy types, their features, and why so many use them daily.
Table of Contents
How they work
Proxies are intermediary servers between your browser, as a client, and the website you’re accessing – more precisely, its hosting server. Usually, these intermediary servers don’t let target websites see who you are; they hide the user’s IP address and show their IP instead.
Many proxy types exist. For example, data center proxies are incredibly fast and cheap but easy to recognize, as their IP addresses come from data centers.
On the other hand, residential proxies use IP addresses belonging to actual physical devices, such as laptops, desktops, and phones. It makes them slower and more expensive but more challenging to detect.
It’s where static residential proxy servers, or ISP proxies, come into play. What makes these excellent is that they combine the advantages of data center proxies and residential ones while eliminating their disadvantages. It means they’re as fast as data center proxies and as difficult to detect as residential ones.
Advantages over other proxy types
Because of how they work, they have significant advantages over other proxy types, and one of those is the higher level of anonymity they provide. As they use IP addresses of actual physical devices, you appear as a real website user. It’s difficult for servers to detect you’re using a proxy, significantly lowering your chances of getting a block.
ISP proxies offer the same speeds as data center proxies but are much more reliable since they’re challenging to detect. Instead of the many dynamic IP addresses of a data center proxy, you can access fewer, but just as fast, IP addresses with an ISP proxy.
Similarly, when compared to residential proxies, their advantage comes in the form of static IP addresses. With typical residential proxy servers, you get dynamic IPs, meaning you’ll connect from a different address each time you visit a website. However, you’ll have fixed IP addresses with ISP proxies.
Their best features
You might wonder, “What features do static residential proxies have that give them an advantage?” There are many, but here are some of their best:
- Static IP addresses – Instead of connecting to a website with a new IP each time, you retain the same address, enhancing the appearance of a real user. It can be beneficial for longer web scraping sessions.
- Low detection rate – As they use IPs of actual physical devices, they appear as real users on the websites you visit. It makes ISP proxies incredibly difficult to detect.
- Bypassing anti-bot detection – ISP proxies are excellent at bypassing detection since they use residential IP addresses from real devices. Websites will have difficulty detecting you’re using a proxy server, let alone banning you.
Many more features give static residential proxy servers superiority over other proxy types. These features are the reasons so many people use them.
Why should you use static residential proxies?
Their advantages and unique features make static residential proxy servers quite popular. Individuals and companies use them for several different purposes, such as:
- Web scraping – Particularly effective for web scraping, many use these proxies for scraping massive amounts of data efficiently and effectively while avoiding detection and IP bans. If you’re looking for static residential proxies for this purpose, be sure to check what Oxylabs has to offer.
- E-commerce – Businesses often use these proxies to monitor the competition’s prices. You can analyze trends that might help improve your product or service and track inventory levels without getting an IP block.
- SEO monitoring – If you have a website, you know how vital SEO ranking is. Individuals and businesses use proxies to monitor how well their websites are doing. They also collect website rankings and performance data while avoiding search engine blocking.
As they’re fast and reliable, these proxies are pretty helpful, and you can use them for many other purposes that aren’t on this list. However, you must make sure you’re not overloading and crashing websites. Always follow the website’s terms of service.
To answer the initial question: static residential proxies are superior to most other proxy types. They combine the speed of data center proxies and the reliability of residential ones while giving you a static IP address to connect from when you access a website.
It means you’ll be more challenging to detect online, connecting from the same IP address and appearing as a real user. You can use static residential proxy servers for various purposes, such as e-commerce, SEO monitoring, and web scraping.