What is Tik Tok?
Tik Tok is a social network of Chinese origin that consists of creating short videos to share them.
This application allows you to make videos that go from 3 to 15 seconds, or if you want, you can extend them to 60 seconds, which is why many consider it to be the substitute for Vine.
This social network came to light in 2016. However, until 2018, its popularity began to grow, as it was available in more than 150 countries and 75 languages and currently has more than 500 million users.
Tik Tok’s original name was Douyin, which means ” shake the music.” In 2017, the Bytedance company bought Musical.ly, a social network where users share videos of themselves, regularly with background music that accompanies your movements, a feature that is most popular on Tik Tok.
How to Use Tik Tok?
- To start, you have to download the application on your cell phone, which you will find for iOS and Android versions.
- You will then find the main page with the main posts of popular profiles, which you can follow.
- There is the video option, leave a comment, save the song playing in the clip, and the chance to share.
- To record a video, you have to press on the plus sign (+)inside the main screen.
- After doing so, a window will open, and you can choose to add music or sound and activate a filter, the timer, or change the speed, and that’s it.
How does Tik Tok work?
As we have already seen, it is a social network based on short video imitation in a loop. Let’s take an appearance at its main features :
- Users share selfie videos in which they record themselves, often with background music accompanying their movements.
- TikTok offers the possibility to edit the videos before publishing them and stands out for its great diversity of fun sieves.
- Not surprisingly, the whole thing so well with younger spectators.
- We can discover a chat for users about the conversation within the application and an exploration tab.
- It allows you to discover the most popular videos of the moment, in a very similar way to Instagram.
- TikTok has a system of groups and followers, like on Instagram or Twitter, to connect with other users.
- Among other functions are the lists of friends and voting.
- To orient yourself within the TikTok application, the first thing you find is the main page, where you can see the most popular videos or those you follow.
- If you choose to play a video, it will display on full screen, and you will see a series of icons to take different actions: follow the user, mark as “I like,” comment, or share.
- In addition to this chief screen, you can also find content in the browser tab or carry out your searches. Note that the videos are tagged with hashtags.
- To best your videos, you will have to hold down the middle button. You can release it and press it again to record your video in several takes, always respecting the maximum of 15 seconds.
- Likewise, when editing the video, you can apply different effects to different shots.
- In addition to recording content straight, you can also create scrollable videos from photos stored on your device. You are now ready to start using TikTok!
Brands for Tik Tok
Looking at TikTok’s reach figures and projections for the future, it may be an excellent time to establish a brand presence on the web.
Luckily, TikTok has specific business pages where you can post your content and start linking with users. If you need your page on this network to be a success, sign up for these recommendations :
1. Create Exclusive Content
- Trying to adapt content from other networks does not work too well on TikTok, as it has a different and unique style.
- Instead, think about the kind of content that most interests users of this network and how your brand can donate.
- In the next section, you will find a list of the most famous Spanish TikTok users to inspire you.
2. Interact with your Audience
- TikTok has unique features to engage with your audiences, such as augmented reality tools or the Gaga Dance Machine.
- Please take advantage of them to increase engagement in unique ways.
3. Take Advantage of Events
- Every year the TikTok carnival is organized, and last year the tickets sell out.
- It can be an excellent opportunity for brands to connect with influencers and celebrities and promote their products.
4. Post Frequently
- According to the network’s recommendations, the ideal is to publish on TikTok about five times a week.
- As for the time, the most significant impact achieve between 8 and midnight.
Also Read: What are Amazon Affiliates? – Need to Start, 9 Steps, and More
- KNOW MORE:- trendssnbeaut
Review What is Tik Tok? – How to Use, Work, Brands, and More.