Table of Contents
What is Content Marketing for Financial?
Content marketing for financial is a strategy that allows companies to create their audiences from the development and distribution of relevant content to attract, inform, educate, inspire and entertain the public to generate qualified business opportunities.
In the financial market, educational content on finance and related topics are one of these services’ consumers’ main demands.
That is why it is vital to identify the content opportunities that bring you closer to leads and customers to increase, in this way, their trust in your services and, consequently, close more sales.
We are going to analyze, then, the particularities of Content Marketing for the financial market.
Importance of Content Marketing for Financial
- Implementing a Content Marketing strategy for the financial market has some peculiarities.
- First, the financial sector operates in a complex environment, delimited by each country’s regulations (economic changes, such as global recessions). And the digital transformation with the arrival of Big Data, AI, and the digitization of services.
- Second, the topics that financial marketers must work with are highly technical, so creating content for the industry can seem challenging.
- However, the reality is that there is a shortage of content in front of an audience.
- It demands to know more about finance, security in transactions, and ventures at a time when confidence in financial markets is in crisis.
- For this reason, companies that were ahead of time to incorporate this strategy are seeing more benefits compared to those that don’t.
- According to The Advisor Coach, 61% of financial services marketers say that implementing a content strategy.
- It has helped them generate traffic and establish a relationship with their customers.
- Following these results, 72% of financial companies plan to increase their content marketing budget in the next year.
- It shows the importance of content for financial services clients.
- Through it, consumers can update themselves, discover how to manage healthy finances, understand complex concepts, learn to make difficult decisions, etc.
What are the Advantages of Content Marketing for Financial?
As we said, companies in the financial sector that have already carried out a content strategy reported a series of benefits for their businesses.
Below we describe some of them following the results of a Brandpoint study.
1. Brand Credibility
- 69.8% of the companies surveyed showed a considerable improvement in brand recognition and their relationship with customers thanks to Content Marketing.
- Through educational content, a brand can gain notoriety and stand out in its consumers’ minds, even positioning itself as a benchmark in providing financial services.
2. Digital Visibility
- Reaching a planned audience was the most perceived benefit of 62% of companies.
- By improving their presence on digital channels, they considerably increased their chances of being seen on the Internet.
- Reaching top positions in search engine results, being cited on authoritative websites, increasing the subscriber base.
- And maintaining an excellent online reputation increases financial companies’ digital visibility that creates relevant content.
3. Qualified Leads
- 61% of the companies surveyed consider the increase in website traffic as the most significant benefit of implementing a Content Marketing strategy for the financial market.
- Consequently, 45.2% believe that lead generation was the variable that most benefited from the strategy.
- And it makes sense, as attracting higher-quality traffic leads to more significant lead capture, especially when working with a documented strategy.
4. Long-Term Authority
- It addresses how no other company dares to explain to its client’s positions us as an authority.
- 60.5% of companies believe that building a relationship with the customer is the most significant benefit of Content Marketing for financial markets.
- People become clients of companies they trust, who are sure of what they do.
- And this is even more relevant for the financial market!
- Due to the sector’s specialization, clients want to be sure that they are depositing their money in the right place, and content production can give them that confidence.
5. Conquering the Market
- Finally, 53.2% of companies consider that customer education is the main advantage of a content strategy.
- An educated client knows the financial market better and can choose the best alternative from a wide range of available options.
- These types of clients, in general, become the ambassadors of a brand and, through recommendations on the Internet, can inspire others to know the services of the company.
How can Apply Content Marketing for Financial?
To be successful with content strategies, your company must define its SMART objectives and act as an expert advisor to attract, teach, and build valuable relationships with potential clients.
According to The Financial Brand portal, what separates successful content strategies from those that fail are the following:
- Documentation of the strategy,
- The measurement of return on investment (ROI),
- The use of Content Marketing technologies,
- And also, the creation of a Buyer Persona based on information from increasingly demanding clients.
In this sector, we must add that information is usually presented in a complex, technical, and, sometimes, boring way.
It is a big mistake if you want to establish a strong presence on digital channels! Internet users are used to useful content full of tips and straightforward explanations. Therefore, some strategies can facilitate communication with your customers.
1. Create Interactive Content
- In addition to quality information, users value differentiated content.
- The excellent content opportunity for the financial market is interactive content. It provides more impactful experiences through attractive and optimized visuals.
- For example, can you imagine creating a quiz to assess your clients’ financial health or implement a calculator to show them how much money they need to save to reach a specific financial goal?
- An advantage of interactive content, in addition to increasing engagement, is obtaining information from your users.
- Based on their interactions, you can identify new pain points and create a nutrition or remarketing strategy to offer content and services that respond to their needs.
- In this complete material, you will find all the details on using interactive content to reduce your sales cycles. Download it for free!
2. Produce Downloadable Materials
A strategy to qualify your leads is the creation of materials that can download, such as:
- White papers ;
- Case studies;
- And also Tutorials.
The purpose of downloadable material is, on the one hand, to get more information about customers by offering it on a landing page. On the other hand, educate your audience by providing useful content that they can share.
Although all your content must base on data, this is especially important in producing rich materials like the ones we have mentioned. The investment to create them tends to be higher and, therefore, better results expect.
3. Create Content with Different Formats
- According to The Financial Brand, the use of formats such as video, infographics, podcasts, blog posts, and graphics will intensify between 38 and 64%, depending on the design we are talking about it.
- The production of content with different formats allows you to enrich your strategy and acquire complete information about your buyer persona by identifying, through web analytics, how range it remains longer.
- With the help of automation tools, the various contents allow you to create diversified nutrition flows that help humanize your brand and bring better results.
4. Conduct Surveys with Relevant Data
- An ideal content strategy for financial companies is creating surveys or reports through which their clients.
- And also, other stakeholders can obtain valuable insights into the industry.
- By obtaining relevant information after conducting a study or research, you will receive valuable material to generate natural backlinks in the media and even your competition’s web pages.
5. Position in Google Terms of the Economic Field
- A fundamental strategy in Content Marketing is search engine optimization or SEO. A content strategy that does not have SEO as its best ally is unthinkable.
- After researching the keywords for your business, you can create an editorial calendar. It helps you identify your industry’s relevant themes.
- Once you get this information, it’s time to create comprehensive content that ranks high for these words.
- In this way, when a client is interested, for example, in bank loans, the ideal would be that the first result would be one of your blog posts.
- In this way, you will increase your website’s visibility, traffic, trust, and, consequently, your brand.
- And also, many companies have seen the results that Content Marketing brings to their operations.
- The following success stories have used the content to build trust and strengthen relationships with their consumers.
6. Western Union
- Currency at a Crossroads is a complete strategy of interactive and diversified content.
- It guides users through articles, questionnaires, interactive infographics, and photographs.
- Explain the digital transition of money and how physical currency is being abandoned little by little.
- Western Union seeks to position itself as an authority on the future of money and as a trusted advisor at the forefront of matter.
- With a multi-format strategy available on a microsite, the company adds value to its customers and increases positive feelings towards the brand.
- The blog of the American personal finance company SoFi is a perfect example of the power of Content Marketing to educate an audience.
- Working with a strategy that includes webinars, blog posts of different lengths, guides, and news.
- And also, the SoFi blog addresses topics not only financial but also career and lifestyle.
- Additionally, free interactive resources such as calculators that project critical financial estimates for mortgages, student loans, personal loans, and retirements are available to users.
8. Santander Bank
- When millennials had to suffer the Spanish recession’s consequences, Banco Santander was having trouble regaining this segment’s confidence.
- They devised the “Beyond Money” strategy, with which, through content, in the form of a short film. They got an indifferent audience interested in their products.
- By understanding the media they used and the content they liked, they created a piece tailored to their aspirations. And also, it was very successful in the media and, of course, on digital channels.
The opportunities that Content Marketing opens up for the financial market are discover. The potential is enormous and growing.
For this reason, many companies in the sector are already allocating a vital part of the budget to strategy. And also, understand what the strategy is about and how you can apply it in your company.
Download our guide on Content Marketing for the financial market. And learn to build valuable relationships with your clients with relevant content!
- MORE INFO:- techiintro