Winches are among the most popular upgrades for trucks and SUVs. If you go off-roading, having a recovery winch can help you to get out of a difficult situation. Additionally, on job sites, winches can be used to move heavy objects. Smittybilt is one of the most popular manufacturers of winches because its offerings balance cost, performance, and durability well.
Table of Contents
- Ease of Installation: You can typically install a Smittybilt winch very easily. They bolt onto mount points with basic tools and hardware. Of course, if you expect to be moving thousands of pounds, it pays to make sure everything is mounted properly. So, carefully follow the instructions and consider hiring someone to do the job for you if you are unsure.
- Powerful Motors: Typically, the price to performance ratio of Smittybilt winches is very good. Thus, you can handle heavy loads. So, even if you have kitted your vehicle out with a Pro Comp suspension, off-road tires, and the works, you will likely be able to recover it with a Smittybilt.
- Remote Controls: Most Smittybilt winches come with either wired or wireless remote controls. This allows you to operate the winch from a safe distance. With wireless controls, you can easily observe the winching from every necessary angle to ensure safety.
- Durable Cables: Smittybilt winches have a few cable options. However, you can expect them to always be made with high-quality, durable cables. It probably comes as no surprise that cable snapping is very dangerous. So, you need one that can handle a greater load than the winch itself.
- Weatherproofing: Smittybilt Winches are often designed with good quality weatherproofing. For example, the Smittybilt Winch x20 is designed to be almost completely waterproof. You can take it in the mud and it will keep going.
Great Heavy Load Capacity
Smittybilts tend to have relatively high capacities compared to their competitors. This is great if you are using the winch for recoveries. In such situations, it is important to have ample capacity (the rule of thumb is double the weight of the vehicle). With a Smittybilt, you can often find a good-quality winch with an excellent heavy load capacity.
Diverse Selection for Every Case Scenario
Finding the right winch for your vehicle is not just about picking the best one in the catalog. Everyone has different needs and use cases. For example, you may only be using a light utility winch to help haul around loads on the construction site. Alternatively, you may need to pull trucks out of ditches.
The Smittybilt selection of winches has a product for almost every application. Thus, you can be confident that you will find one that works for your needs and budget.
Find the Perfect Smittybilt Winch for Your Truck or SUV
If you are looking for some upgrades for your truck or SUV, consider installing a Smittybilt winch. It may not be as flashy as 37 tires, but it is a very practical upgrade that will help you get more from your off-road vehicle.