As India is the leading provider of generic drugs in the world and is highly regarded for its affordable vaccines and medications, it appeals to many international students who are passionate about science and healthcare. According to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the nation ranks third for production by volume and 14th by value in the world. The country has witnessed considerable investments and developments over the past few years. In addition, India has the most pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that comply with the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA). Therefore, the demand for professionals with a B Pharmacy degree is high to help India fulfil the global need for generic drugs, over-the-counter medications, vaccines, and bulk drugs.
Studying B Pharmacy in India can benefit domestic as well as international students in several ways. B Pharma graduates can find employment in government hospitals, private hospitals, medical shops, and clinics. They can also start their own consultancies to offer valuable knowledge on how and when to take or administer the prescription. Pharmacists also advise patients about the potential side effects of any medicine. That’s why many research centres also require pharmacists to answer questions about medication’s impacts.
In India, many eminent educational institutions offer B Pharma courses to international students at affordable fees. Statistically speaking, about 1500 colleges in India provide pharmacy courses part-time or full-time. So, here is an ultimate guide for international students pursuing a B Pharmacy course in India. Look!
Table of Contents
Eligibility for B Pharmacy courses in India for international students
To be eligible to study B Pharmacy in India, international students must fulfil the following requirements:
- Higher secondary education (equivalent to 12th grade in India) with physics, chemistry, biology, and English as their main subjects.
- They must have scored a minimum of 50% in their higher secondary examination.
- They must clear the entrance examination for B Pharmacy, which the respective universities usually conduct.
- Proficiency in the English language as the medium of instruction will be English.
B Pharma courses fees in India
The fees for B Pharmacy in India vary depending on the university or institution and whether it is a government or private college. On average, the costs for the B Pharmacy course range from INR 1-5 Lakhs (approximately USD 3,000 – USD 7,000) for the four-year programme. Aside from the tuition fees, international students will also have to pay for accommodation and living expenses, which can vary dramatically depending on their location.
How to apply for B Pharma courses in India?
The application process for international students for B Pharmacy courses in India involves several steps. Here are the steps international students must follow to get into a top-notch university in India:
- Find a suitable university or institution that offers the B Pharmacy programme.
- Upon finding a suitable university or institution, they must submit the required application form and their higher secondary education certificates, passport, and visa.
- Pay the application fee.
- After completing the application, international students must appear for the entrance examination if required by the university or institution.
- Once they clear the entrance examination, the university will offer admission to the programme.
Overall, studying B Pharma in India is an excellent opportunity for international students interested in pursuing a career in pharmacy. With a wide range of universities and institutions offering the programme, international students can choose a university that best suits their needs.