Table of Contents
What is the Page “About Us”?
The page “About us” or “who we are” is the section or category of a website that summarizes descriptively.
The business is part of the responsible team and, above all, explains the mission, vision, and values of said business on the Internet.
Having clarified this, you surely understand a little better the importance of this page within a website, especially for those who visit you and still do not know your eCommerce.
However, it is likely that if you have an online store, it happens to you like most of those responsible for this type of business, and it costs you some work to talk about yourself and your team.
Why do you Need a Page “About Us” for Online Store?
- Just as a large brand already has a consolidated reputation, and no one hesitates to purchase their products even online, buying for the first time in a small online store can be considered a risk.
- Therefore, the visitor will want to have more information about you and you. Company to make your purchase decision.
- As you may have noticed, few online stores have an “about us” page that meets the visitor’s expectations and answers their questions:
- What is the story behind the product? Can I trust it? Why should I choose this store/brand and not another?
- Also, your page visitors will be interested in knowing who is behind your project.
- An effective it that shows who you are (or who you are) and what you do (or do) is the best cover letter for your brand and your best sales pitch:
- It helps you improve the faith of your visitors
- Differentiates you from the rest of your contestants
- Increase the possibility of converting your visitors into customers
6 Techniques for Creating a Page “About us”
When looking for this “about us” page connects with want to know more is behind the business, there may be some of the best tips.
Always carry them out following your style and way of saying things, and you will see how you will make a much better impression on them:
1. Tell the Story of the Company
- The most straightforward and most simple way to start this section is to tell how your store was born, including several of the anecdotes that happened to you and your team along the way.
- It create your online store, you have had to overcome dozens of obstacles, which initially prevented you from starting your own business on the Internet.
- And it doesn’t matter if you’ve been in business for a long time or just started – this always works. Go back to the source and talk about the founders and their reasons for launching this business model.
- If your story is too long, break it down into essential milestones so that you can create a timeline, which they can track without stopping too long at each stage. Do you remember too many important events?
- Choose those that most interest your audience and describe them as Storytelling on your “About Us” page.
- For example, your date of incorporation to the company may seem very relevant to you, but is it essential for your clients? If you just created your store, don’t make up a false story.
- Nothing inspires so little confidence as an entrepreneur who lies. Instead of focusing on your story, you can highlight your professional or personal life, as long as it is related to your store’s history.
2. Share your Passion
- In this respect, ask yourself these two questions: ” what am I passionate about what I do? ” And “why?”
- It is something that you already know. You have to tell your clients. If you are not unquestionable why you are selling the items you have selected, think about it until you find out.
- From a mental perspective, we all like to empathize with people who inspire us and share hobbies.
- Therefore, your potential clients will want to know that you both share the love and passion for the sector you sell products.
- So if you are not sure of your answer, don’t make it up! When you explain what makes you enjoy your work, you are humanizing the shopping experience.
- In short, you must try to make the customer feel in the “about us” that he is not buying on any website but on the site of a person with whom he shares likes or hobbies.
3. Explain the Vision or Mission
- If you offer “revolutionary” products or services that are different from those of other companies in your sector, you have to explain your company’s mission or vision!
- Take the opportunity to tell the client what problem your offer, your products, or your offered services can solve.
- Then, indicate your expectations for the company’s future: help convey to potential customers the idea behind your business.
- If your products do not convince them at all, this is your last chance to convince them!
- Your catalog does not include new products? Highlighting your company’s mission or vision will help you define the store’s profile. And don’t forget: if you add this section, it must be relevant to the reader.
4. Mention your Business Partners
Do you work or collaborate with important companies in your sector or business niche? Make it clear, and you will benefit from their credibility. But don’t forget to ask for consent to use their logos on your website!
For example, you can refer to:
Investors: Any firm or person who has put money in your company.
Suppliers: the companies you buy your products from it.
Manufacturers: the firms or brands that make your products.
Distributors: companies that sell your products in a physical store.
Posts: Any post your business has appeared in it.
Non-profit organizations: Includes any organization you donate to or actively collaborate with it.
Remember that this page is a showcase for your store. Therefore, on this “who are we” or “about us” page, you should only talk about companies that contribute to transmitting the brand image you want for your own company.
5. Include Testimonials brings Confidence
- It can tell you what they have liked about the product they bought and if they would recommend doing it to others in your eCommerce, start doing it.
- Positive feedback from satisfied customers is proven to be invaluable in getting new customers.
- If someone congratulates you on the main social networks where you have a presence with your online store, say thank you and (if it seems appropriate) ask them for permission to publish their testimony.
- Has no one sent you their opinion yet? It’s okay to ask someone for it. Not sure when is the right time to do it?
- For example, when you talk to a satisfied customer. Remember that testimonials are not always classic-style reviews.
- You can ask your clients to follow you on social networks to expand your virtual presence.
- The opinions of people outside your store contribute to improving your credibility and digital reputation and transmit confidence to potential customers considering the possibility of buying from you or your most direct competitors.
6. The Use of Images Empathizes
- Use images to show your clients what your company is like on the inside. You can focus on the team that runs your website, your workspace, or your store mascot.
- The important thing is to convey a real image of your company and show that behind these products made with such care, a team of professionals strive to ensure that everything is ready.
- Always include captions or descriptions, giving names and surnames to each of your work team members and collaborators.
- It will ensure that customers clearly understand your message. Do you want your “About Us” page to stand out for its images?
- Perfect, but try not to let the graphics rob the information of the spotlight. Use images strategically to highlight what’s important and to connect with the customer.
The “About Us” type pages help the company connect with its customers. You can start with any of these ideas. Whatever you do, always remember these tips:
- Tell your story from the beginning.
- Give a privileged place to your passion.
- Share your hopes and thoughts through your vision.
- Benefit from the reliability of your partners.
- Inspire confidence with customer reviews.
- Use pictures to illustrate your story.
- Ready to update the “About Us” page of your online store? With these tips that I just gave you, you have to surprise them at your fingertips, thus differentiating yourself from your competition.
- Remember that also, as I mentioned above, this will be one of the most visited pages by your visitors and, therefore, potential customers of your eCommerce.
- KNOW MORE:- technologyexp